Riders- Residential and Commercial
The following riders may apply to service supplied under the General Service Rate, the Residential All-Electric Rate and Commercial Rates. The current cents/kWh rider charge or credit must be added or subtracted to the cents/kWh rates shown above to determine your monthly bill.
Wholesale Power Cost Adjustment (WPCA)
- The correction or modification on a member’s monthly electric bill designed to compensate for monthly fluctuations in wholesale power costs not covered in the basic rate structure.
Energy Efficiency Rider
- A monthly fee designed to recover the cost of energy efficiency programs. The EE Rider is a per kWh fee and is added to the energy charge for each applicable rate.
NC Renewable Mandate
- A state mandated rate adjusted annually to recover the Cooperative’s developmental and incremental costs incurred during the year to comply with North Carolina General Statute 62-133.8 and North Carolina Utilities Commission Rule R8-67. The REPS Rider is shown as a separate line item on your monthly bill.
- For more information about North Carolina’s Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Portfolio Standard (REPS), click here.
NC GreenPower Program
- This Rider is available on a voluntary basis in conjunction with any of the Cooperative’s Schedules for a Consumer who contracts with the Cooperative for a block or blocks of electricity produced from Renewable Resources provided through the NC GreenPower Program. Learn more or sign up for this program here.
Small Qualifying Facilities Purchased Power
- Available only to members located in the Cooperative’s service territory which have qualifying facilities fueled by trash or methane derived from landfills, hog waste, or poultry waste, or other generating facilities contracting to sell generating capacity and energy not in excess of 25 kW, which are interconnected directly with the Cooperative’s system and which are qualifying facilities as defined by the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission pursuant to Section 210 of the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978.