Union Power is looking for the next generation of leaders to lead the way at next year’s Youth Tour in Washington, D.C. We are proud to sponsor three outstanding high school juniors to be among over 1,500 students for the North Carolina’s Electric Cooperative Youth Tour, June 20-26, 2021.
About Youth Tour
The Electric Cooperative Youth Tour is an annual event coordinated by the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) and the North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives (NCAEC). “Tourists” are sponsored by local cooperatives. These students learn about the electric cooperative business model, American history, and the U.S. government.
THREE high school juniors have the opportunity to travel to Washington, D.C. in June, representing Union Power and the state of North Carolina during this once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- Tour dates are June 20-26, 2021.
- Students must be a junior in the current school year.
- Students may be selected from our five-county service area, which is made up of Union, Stanly, Cabarrus, Mecklenburg, and Rowan counties.
- Transportation to Raleigh must be provided the day before the tour to Washington, D.C.
- Youth tourists are required to travel to and from Washington D.C. with the NCEMC Youth Tour group.
- Children of Union Power employees and its subsidiary, Union Services, are not eligible to apply.
Apply now for this opportunity of a lifetime!