Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally, when you fill out forms on the Site, such as signing up for our various campaigns and notification programs, we collect certain information from you. This may include (but is not limited to) email addresses, physical addresses, names, phone numbers, and account numbers. We refer to this as “Personally Identifiable Information”.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use the Personally Identifiable Information you voluntarily provide to fulfill your request, help you quickly find and/or receive information from us, alert you to updated information and services, provide more complete service, improve the content of our website for your reference, answer your questions, and communicate with you.
We use the Device Information that we collect to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your Personal Information
With respect to site collected information, Union Power Cooperative does not sell the Personal Information you provide for financial gain nor does Union Power Cooperative share such information with third parties for the purpose of sending you advertisements for products or services unaffiliated with Union Power Cooperative or with its affiliates or business partners. Union Power Cooperative may, however, share your Personal Information for legitimate business purposes, including without limitation the following:
- Transferring such information to Union Power Cooperative’s affiliates and subsidiaries, unless such transfer is prohibited by law.
- Transferring such information as part of a merger, consolidation, acquisition, divestiture or other corporate restructuring.
- Making such information available to third parties who are providing the product, service or information that you have requested (but never your password).
- Making such information available to third parties who are providing services to Union Power Cooperative or its subsidiaries or affiliates. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Residents of California: Please see NextRoll’s Information for California Residents regarding the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, at https://www.nextroll.com/privacy#service-13.
By providing Personally Identifiable Information, you expressly consent to these privacy practices. Also, Union Power Cooperative reserves the right to share any aggregated information (i.e., non-personally identifiable information) with any third parties for any reason, unless prohibited by law.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Union Power Cooperative strives to use the industry-standard practices to protect your Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration and destruction. However, no security system is completely fail-safe, and Union Power Cooperative cannot guarantee the information you provide will never be obtained by unauthorized persons. In some areas of our website, we require a user ID and password for you to access certain information. Union Power Cooperative will not disclose such password to third parties; however, you are responsible for maintaining the privacy and security of your password.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices, even if we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
We will maintain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us using the information below:
Union Power Cooperative
PO Box 5014
Monroe, NC 28111