Each year, Union Power offers high school seniors, attending North Carolina accredited colleges and/or universities, the opportunity to apply for a $1,000 scholarship.
- All applicants must be a child of a Union Power Cooperative member or live in a home served by Union Power Cooperative.
- The applicant must be a high school senior in the current graduating class.
- Criteria for awarding the scholarship to an individual is based on 40% need; 30% scholastic achievement; and 30% extracurricular activities in school, civic, and community functions.
- Children of Union Power employees and its subsidiary, Union Services, are not eligible to apply.
I’ve submitted my application, what’s next?
- Our judges will review and notify us of their selection of winners.
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- An update to our website will be made to reflect the 2019-2020 UPC Scholarship winners.
Judging: An independent committee not affiliated with the Cooperative will conduct judging of applicants and selection of winners for Union Power Cooperative.