Instructions To Apply
- Please download and complete this application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Mail or email as follows with all attachments to:
Mail: Youth Tour, Luanne Sherron, Union Power, PO Box 5014, Monroe, NC 28111-5014 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please type (preferred) or print all information in black or blue ink. No pencil.
- Include all requested attachments with the application.
- All applications need to be postmarked by December 31, 2018.
About Youth Tour
The Electric Cooperative Youth Tour is an annual event coordinated by the National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) and the North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives (NCAEC). “Tourists” are sponsored by local cooperatives. These students learn about the electric cooperative business model, American history, and U.S. government.
THREE high school juniors have the opportunity to travel to Washington, D.C. in June, representing Union Power and the state of North Carolina during this once-in-a-lifetime experience!
- Tour dates are Saturday, June 15 through Friday, June 21, 2019.
- Students must be a junior in the current school year.
- Students may be selected from our five-county service area, which is made up of Union, Stanly, Cabarrus, Mecklenburg, and Rowan counties. Children of Union Power employees and its subsidiary, Union Services, are not eligible to apply.
- Transportation to Raleigh must be provided the day prior to the tour to Washington, D. C.
For More Information contact:
Program Coordinator, 704-220-0703