Created by the North Carolina Utilities Commission, NC Green Power is an independent nonprofit program dedicated to encouraging the development of renewable energy. It is designed to help improve the quality of the environment by allowing North Carolinians to choose cleaner “greener” energy solutions.
You can make a difference.
For as little as $2.50 a month, you can help:
- Add green energy to the power grid
- Keep CO2 out of the air
- Reduce dependence on fossil fuels
- Build more green energy resources
- Offset about 10 percent of your home’s energy use
How does the program work? Participation is completely voluntary, and you can opt to donate on your electric bill.
NC GreenPower has a Solar Schools program to support the installation of solar at schools which will change how your renewable energy donation is used.
- For each $2.50 or $4.00 donation to Renewable Energy from a customer, NC GreenPower will split the contribution into two:
- Fifty percent (50%) will be used to offset the higher cost of producing, purchasing, and/or acquiring renewable resources supplied to the electric grid in North Carolina.
- Fifty percent (50%) will support the installation of PV projects at K-12 schools in North Carolina.
How do I sign up?
Union Power members can voluntarily contribute $2.50 per month, $4.00 per month, or any amount in increments of $4. To sign up for NC Green Power, print and fill out the form and mail it to: Union Power Cooperative, Attn: Billing Department, PO Box 5014, Monroe, NC 28111-5014.
For your convenience, the dollar amount of your participation will be added to your monthly electric bill. The dollar amount of your participation is tax-free and tax deductible.
If you’d like to learn more visit www.ncgreenpower.org or call 1-866-533-NCGP