Make the Switch, See the Savings
Commercial members who upgrade their light bulbs to more energy-efficient ones that meet Union Power standards may be eligible for “per-unit” rebates. The rebate is based on kilowatt-hours (kWh) saved and is designed to accelerate the payback of our members’ lighting upgrades and reduce energy consumption. With these types of projects, businesses can save energy and money without sacrificing comfort and quality.
- The business requesting a rebate must be a member of Union Power Cooperative.
- The rebate request must be received and approved within 60 days of completion of the lighting upgrade.
- Installation must be overseen by a licensed professional or a Certified Energy Manager.
- Projects must satisfy all local code requirements.
- New LED lights and fixtures must be Energy Star rated.
- 90% or more of the lighting fixtures being replaced must be operational.
- A rebate cannot exceed more than 50% of the total project cost.
- Once the upgrade is complete, a final inspection will be completed by a Union Power Cooperative Energy Specialist.
- Following the final inspection, a rebate check will be issued and either mailed or hand-delivered to the member.
To Qualify, We Need to Know:
- Existing Lighting Information:
- Type of lights you are replacing
- Wattage of each light
- Number of fixtures being replaced
- New/Replacement Lighting Information needed:
- Total number of fixtures being installed
- Type of fixtures being installed
- Wattage of the new fixtures
- Annual operating hours
- Copies of invoices for the total cost of materials and labor for the lighting upgrade
The above information will need to be sent to our Marketing & Energy Services Department through a template provided by Union Power. Once we get all the required information we will use the detail to provide an estimated rebate amount for the qualifying fixtures.
If you have any questions about this process or are ready to begin a new lighting upgrade at your business, please contact our Manager of Marketing and Energy Services, Jake Thomas at 704-220-1414 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Union Power’s Commercial Lighting Rebate Program is subject to change without prior notice. All rebate incentives are provided on a first come, first served basis and are only available while funds last. Rebate levels are subject to change at any time without prior notice.