Union Power College Scholarships are awarded for students attending North Carolina accredited colleges and/or universities.
- All applicants must be a child of a Union Power Cooperative member or live in a home served by Union Power Cooperative
- The applicant must be a high school senior in the current graduating class.
- Criteria for awarding the scholarship to an individual is based on 40% need; 30% scholastic achievement; and 30% extracurricular activities in school, civic, and community functions.
- Children of Union Power employees and its subsidiary, Union Services, are not eligible to apply.
Judging: An independent committee not affiliated with the Cooperative will conduct judging of applicants and selection of winners for Union Power Cooperative.
For more information: Email Ilissa B. Cunningham- Program Coordinator, or call 704-289-3145 Ext. 3221
Instructions To Apply
- Please download and complete this application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Mail or email as follows with all attachments to:
Mail: College Scholarships, Union Power, PO Box 5014, Monroe, NC 28111-5014 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please type (preferred) or print all information in black or blue ink. No pencil.
- Include all requested attachments with the application.
- All applications need to be postmarked by March 22, 2019.