The application period has closed.
Due to the unprecedented times, our community and nation is facing we have extended our deadline to April 3, 2020. Each year, Union Power offers high school seniors, attending North Carolina accredited colleges and/or universities, the opportunity to apply for a $1,000 scholarship.
- All applicants must be a child of a Union Power Cooperative member or live in a home served by Union Power Cooperative.
- The applicant must be a high school senior in the current graduating class.
- Criteria for awarding the scholarship to an individual is based on 40% need; 30% scholastic achievement; and 30% extracurricular activities in school, civic, and community functions.
- Children of Union Power employees and its subsidiary, Union Services, are not eligible to apply.
I’ve submitted my application, what’s next?
- Our judges will review and notify us of their selection of winners.
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- An update to our website will be made to reflect the 2019-2020 UPC Scholarship winners.
Judging: An independent committee not affiliated with the Cooperative will conduct judging of applicants and selection of winners for Union Power Cooperative.
For more information: Email Ilissa B. Cunningham- Program Coordinator, or call 704-220-0709.